Please see below contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Greenfield Community College:
Mrs L. Lumsdon is the designated Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCO) and would be the first point of contact for information about SEND provision.
- Mr D. Priestley Executive Headteacher
- Mrs M. Stubbs Assistant Headteacher for Achievement of Vulnerable Students, Designated Lead for Safeguarding and Looked After Children.
- Mr M. Sowerby Designated SEN Governor
The above named people can be contacted by telephone on 01325 300378 or by email email@example.com
It is the SENDCO’s responsibility:
1. Oversee the day to day operation of the schools SEND policy and line manage the SEND team.
2. Liaise with the relevant designated teacher where a looked after student has SEND.
3. Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support.
4. Advise on the deployment of the schools delegated budget and other resources to meet the student’s needs effectively.
5. Liaise with and provide a point of contact for parents/carers of students with SEND who can telephone the school on 01325 300378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Liaise with and be a point of contact for external agencies.
7. Liaise with previous and potential next providers of education to ensure students and their parents are informed about options and the smooth transition is planned.
8. Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND students up to date.
9. Work with the Executive Head Teacher and school Governors to determine the strategic development of the SEND policy and provision in the school.
10. Work with the Executive Head teacher and governing board to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 with regards to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.